Archive of: January, 2021

Advice Now produce a short film on divorce and filling in your Form E

You have to fill in a financial statement (also known as a Form E) if you are going to court in England or Wales to get a financial order after you’ve split up with your ex-husband, wife or civil partner.

Steps to applying for a divorce

Before applying for a divorce and sending in your application, it is best to look at a number of key issues.

Private Family Law, divorce and Brexit

The Law Society has produced a ”Practice Note” on the end of the Brexit transition period, outlining guidance on how family law professionals can respond and noting changes.

What the SRA Digital badge means: finding a family solicitor you can trust

Knowing who to trust for informed help during family breakdown

HMCTS told to recruit additional staff and consider creating more Nightingale courts to cope with family backlog

COVID-19 delays may mean in may be another three years before the private family law backlog returns to pre-pandemic levels.

Law Gazette reports paper-based probate applications extension

The shift to HMCTS online service for processing probate applications has been extended to allow for more paper-based applications.

Page 2 of 4